Next 4 Week Everyday Mindfulness Program starts Wednesday 8th November
Program Fees: $265 Concession $235Enrol Now
Program includes: Program notes, different styles of meditation to suit your lifestyle, access to mp3 downloads, optional discounted one-to-one 1 hour tuition.
This four week introductory program focuses on bringing a greater awareness to the present moment. It offers a non-judgmental approach to everyday living by developing skills in stepping out of our expectations and disappointments to understand the links between cognitions, emotions, and our behaviour. Suitable to address mild-moderate pain, stress and anxiety related issues.
Recent brain-science indicates that people who have a regular meditation practice are calmer and more relaxed. They are more focused, which increases their ability to be highly productive. They report being happier and enjoy life more than others.
What we will cover:
- The fundamentals of mindfulness and meditation – both formal and informal practices
- The mind-body connection – stress response compared to the relaxation response
- Understanding the stress cycle
- The latest brain-science research regarding thinking patterns and how the mind works
- Practice in many forms of meditation such as movements, breath, mantra, walking, eating, visualisation, loving kindness and others
- Support to help you to find a meditation style that suits your lifestyle
No special clothing is required as we sit on chairs. You may want to bring a water bottle (pen and paper if you wish).
Your facilitator, Therese Sheedy is a nationally registered psychologist. She is a trained meditation teacher, with training in mindfulness-based therapies such as Mindfulness-Integrated Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction and .b Mindfulness for Teens.
Your Beginner’s Starter pack link
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile 0401343086.